Friday, May 3, 2013

No More Prospecting - Business

Is it difficult for you to talk to would-be prospects on the phone? Are you sick and tired of them hanging up on you before you even complete your first sentence?

Do you find yourself mumbling when the objections begin? Do you just want to hang up the phone? I mean, who cares? They have no idea who you are, right.

I totally understand because that was me only one four months ago.

I was so excited to finally get some internet generated prospects that by the time I talked to them on the phone I just couldn't shut up. In this industry we call that vomiting all over your prospect and they definitely don't like it.

Although they didn't outright laugh at me (or at least it didn't seem like they were), I could just sense the irritation in their voices. The comments were pretty condescending most of the time. It was very difficult to end the day without feeling like a total failure.

What were all those other people doing that I just couldn't seem to put my finger on? They were sponsoring new prospects left and right and I couldn't even get through one conversation, and when I did, it was only because the person on the other end was so nice that he or she didn't want to hurt my feelings.

I am not kidding you. I almost 2 years I sponsored only 7 people and 4 of them dropped off the face of the earth within the first few months. If it wasn't for my extremely stubborn nature and the fact that I have had so many people tell me that what I'm doing will never work, I would have long given up on this entire industry, never looking back.

And then, when it seemed like I had done everything I possibly could to succeed, I came across these phenomenal videos by these 2 guys.

They showed how they effortlessly sponsored almost 300 people in one year in each of their businesses. I know. I said the same thing to myself. Ya right! In one year? I couldn't do half of that in a lifetime!

But I soon discovered the number one issue in the way that I talked to prospects. Instead of being so stinking excited that I was actually speaking with a life human being and not a machine or a kid (or someone pretending to speak another language), I needed to take a deep breath, and determine if this person was right for my business, not if they would be interested in joining. This is nothing more than qualifying them for the position of joining my business, much like conducting a good old fashioned interview.

I mean, I am the boss and I do need to control the situation just like any other business owner. But not only am I the business owner, I am also the one interviewing prospects to see if they would be good enough to be part of my business. Are they a good fit for me and my team? And the answer isn't always going to be yes.

The most amazing thing happened when I changed my entire approach with prospects. Prospects are no longer hanging up on me. I rarely get talked to in a snobbish way. By changing the way that I approached the conversation, in turn, my entire attitude changed and that is what made the huge difference.

Although I am not sponsoring 300 people a year, I can promise you that I am sponsoring more than I ever have before. Even if they are not interested, they are actually thanking me before I conclude the call. That makes me feel pretty good and gets me ready for the next one. I don't have to pick myself up off the floor because I'm no longer down there to begin with.

Sponsoring and talking to prospects doesn't have to be worse than going in for a root canal. It doesn't have to be a horrible experience. I promise you that it truly can be fun once you make the necessary changes in your approach and attitude. You don't have to end the day feeling frustrated, beat down and just totally rejected.

And I never thought I'd say this but I actually laugh on the phone now, even with people that are not interested in my business.

It really is simple when you learn it from someone that truly knows what they are doing and is amazing at it. There really is a fun way to do this. I mean, I got into this whole thing because I was sick and tired of corporate America and all the office politics. I just wanted to not dread going to work.

And now I have that and you can too!

So if I can honestly show you a way to overcome your fear of talking to prospects, increase your sponsoring 500%, and rarely hear the word No, would that be worth 60 minutes of your time?

Great because here is the link to get your free 1 hour video interview.

Enjoy the free information!

Trish Gallagher





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment