Saturday, December 28, 2013

Metal Detecting - Persistence Pays - Hobbies

Do not get discouraged if you do not find treasure every time you go metal detecting. Chances are you won't be so lucky, but do not let that stop you from trying. It's juts like anything else you have to keep doing it. The more time you put in, the more likely you will find some goodies.

Even if you have the best metal detector in the world and the conditions on the beach are excellent, you won't find anything if you do not go out. Sometimes you just won't find anything simply because your in the wrong place at the wrong time. You need to be in the right place at the right time and when it happens it is golden.

It is an odds game. The more you dig, the more you will find. It's just that simple. With that said, it is a hobby but don't let it consume you. It is very easy to get gold fever once you start finding it.

I hunt an average of around three hours when ever I get out. At times I have done very well, other times I have not but I have never walked away empty handed. I always try to keep a positive attitude. It is amazing how well positive thinking works and how projecting positive energy mikes life a whole lot easier.

On my hunt the other day, I was not finding much if anything but the beach was nice, a little cool for me. I had to wear a long sleeved shirt but could still go barefoot. I love the way the sand feels under my feet. I found a spot on the beach that looked different and up to this point, I had only found some pull tabs and other garbage. This area had several depressions that were like giant puddles. It was a major difference to the rest of the beach which looked like a large flat slate so I decided to work this spot a little harder than usual.

My first target was an old pair of sunglasses. My observations seem to be correct. This might be a good spot after all. My next target was the largest silver earring I have ever found. It is so large that I thought it was a bracelet. It's hard to stay focused when you start to get excited. You have to remember, go slow. My next target was just a few inches from the large earring. It was a neat silver ring. I continued finding goodies in this spot. I had been detecting about two hours before finding that sticky spot and it just goes to show that persistence pays.

Want to see treasures found metal detecting? Click here Beach Metal Detecting

Need some information on metal detectors? Click here Metal Detectors





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment